Monday, April 20, 2009

Reason #9

For those of you paying attention...I missed a few days because of our camping trip...I am hoping a couple extra posts today and/or tomorrow will get me caught up.

Reason #9 ~ I love that he is a computer geek.

I worked at CompUSA for 7 years and in that time was a cashier, worked in the upgrade center, managed the upgrade center, was an ICC, and taught computer basics...so your assumption might be that I am a computer geek...but nothing could be further then the truth. Except for my addiction to e-mail, facebook, and reading blogs I couldn't care less. I learned what I needed to learn for each job I held and did a decent job, but it was never my true interest or passion.

Now my husband on the other hand....his mom was a computer geek at the time when home computers just barely starting taking off. Eric had his fingers on keyboards from as young as he can remember and like his mom loved them. She has been head of the computer dept. at the school she taught at and written many very successful college textbooks on most of the computer languages. My husband is now a computer programmer and still enjoys them and is challenged by them.

From the very beginning of our relationship we have always had at least 2 computers and plethora of computer parts. We've always had a computer room...not a study, or office, a computer room.

His job around here is to keep the computers running smoothly and keep the Internet connection flowing so I can feed my addiction! :) lol

2 comments:

Tim F said...

Thought I just let you know that I also read your blog (it just comes through on my google reader and am generally not logged on).

Jenna said...

I hadn't thought of "being a computer geek" as one of my things to look for...maybe I should rethink?