Friday, April 17, 2009

Reason #10

Reason #10 ~ He pushes me.

Without my husband I would probably...
1. have never moved out of my parent's house
2. never finished college to be a teacher
3. never have bought this house

Just to name a few! :)

I HATE change and am happy in my nice little cocoon of comfort. We were 19 and he started making plans for us to move out of our parent's homes together. It's sorta funny now but I just kinda went along with that plan though I'm still not sure why...except I loved him of course! In college I had failed Algebra so many times I had just about completely given up on my dream of being a teacher...a dream I had held since the 6th grade! But he just kept telling me keep going, bugged me about my homework and attending class. Just wouldn't let me give up! He told me "My wife WILL have a college education." and since I was his wife I guess it added some fire to the fuel to keep me going. I've been scared to death about a lot of the decisions we've made together but he just keeps talking it through until he convinces me.

OK a lot of people won't find these stories endearing, but really I need him to push me, to encourage me otherwise I'd stay in my nice safe place and never grow.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

My mom was an LVN for many years because she couldn't pass college algebra. She is a BRILLIANT woman who is just not good at math. Noone pushed her, and it took her twenty years to finish. She became an RN at 51 years old. YOU really are lucky to have a "pushy" husband!