Reason #7 ~ He is the smartest guy I know!
I am a smart enough gal but because of my dyslexia I have very little confidence in that intelligence. I work hard, try hard, and refuse to give up but my brain and my mouth (or fingers when I'm typing) just can't express all my thoughts and just can't retain all the info it should.
For my husband on the other hand knowledge comes easy and he can feel confident about it. When he speaks on something he knows he truly knows it and doesn't have to question himself...even though occasionally he probably should! ;p
We attended the same college and since I was trying to become an English teacher and he a computer programmer there weren't too many classes for us to take together, but we both needed a California History class, and were able to take it together. I went to every class, listened, took notes, did the homework and readings, and really worked...to get a B. He came to class, listened, wrote maybe 2 sentences that qualified as notes, barely did the homework and readings...to get an A.
A year later we were driving around town near a railroad track and he starts talking about the railroad and where it went and how it affected the citrus crop in California and all kinds of other stuff and at some point I was like "How do you know all this?" and the his reply "Ummm, we learned about it in our California History class." *sigh*
I remember being pregnant with my girls and praying and praying that they would get their daddy's brain...that knowledge would come easily and that they would be confident in themselves. So far it appears God has answered those prayers as I have 2 very smart girls!
1 comment:
You DO have some smart kids. Can't wait to "have" your second one.
Post a Comment