So it is officially 13 days until our 13 year anniversary, so I thought it would be fun to list 13 reasons why I love my husband. Yup, I am that dopey, mushy, romantic! :)
Reason #13 ~ He is a wonderful father to his 2 daughters!
My husband has spent his life surrounded by females. He has:
a Mom (duh)
a Sister
7 female cousins
5 Aunts
4 Grandmothers
and that's just on one side of the family! And doesn't even begin to numerate all the women in his life!
Unsurprisingly my husband has also had many close female friendships.
You may be wondering what that has to do with being a great dad...did you notice the part about being a great dad to his DAUGHTERS...yup, once again my man is surrounded by females!
What I love about how my husband fathers our daughters is that there is nothing he won't share with them. He loves 4x4ing, but loves it more when his 3 favorite girls are strapped in the Jeep with him. He loves baseball and we have been on more then one family road trip to baseball parks. He brews his own beer and his daughters can tell you more about brewing then a 4 & 6 year have right to know about. He doesn't treat them like fru-fru girls BUT still lets them BE girls too...a cute pink baseball hat, cool! A purple 4x4 t-shirt, you bet. He loves music so his girls own cds and mp3 players with Hannah Montana and whoever else they are into. I've seen him put on tiaras to amuse his girls and he can still manage to put a ponytail in their hair back from his own long haired days.
I know that being surrounded by all those women have paid off for his daughters. The women he's been around his whole life are electrical engineers, hydrologists, teachers (lots of teachers), accountants, race car drivers....these women are excellent role models for my girls and have taught my husband that the limits for girls...well that there are NO limits for girls and that's just how he treats HIS girls!! :)
1 comment:
It sounds like all his "girls" are very lucky! Happy 13th day. I can't wait to read #12. So cute.
Post a Comment