Reason #11 ~ He is loyal to me.
Myhusband and I were engaged and living together for a year before we were married. This is also the year he joined his fraternity. I was, of course, concerned about what that would mean for or do to our relationship. And the guys who rushed him had to also talk me into it as well. I wanted them to understand we were package deal. We knew several of the guys before he joined so I felt pretty comfortable with them and others came and got to know me and soon he was a brother. One of the duties was attending events....one kind of event is when a sorority & fraternity get together and hang out and drink. These weren't my favorite events but they were mandatory and fiances weren't on the invite list, so off he went.
Later we would both go to larger parties with several sororities & fraternities. The first time the following conversation took place it was funny and after that it became common place.
Hubby: Hey babe, Meet (insert sorority girl's name here) she and I were chatting at the last event. Sorority girl meet my fiance/wife.
Sorority Girl: Hi, nice to meet you. I heard all about you at the last event.
Yes, that's right, when surrounded by sorority girls and alcohol my husband spent most of his time chatting with the girls...about ME!!! :)
In every other relationship I had been in the guys had all either cheated on me or left me for another girl and while I am not a generally distrustful or jealous kind of gal certainly I worried about sending my husband off to these events but its hard NOT to trust a guy who gets drunk and talks about how wonderful you are to other beautiful girls! :)
1 comment:
So sweet!
Post a Comment