I can't believe it has been a year since I last wrote!!! So much has happened so I will attempt to fill in the details.
My daughter's year in Ms. Karr's Kindergarten class was wonderful!!!!!! We were so lucky to find a teacher I like and respect so much. I am a former teacher so I know good teaching, Ms. Karr is an exceptional teacher! My girl entered Kindergarten able to read and write her own name but that was about it. By the end of Kinder she was able to write a 5 to 7 sentence paragraph. She was able to read and write the 50 Kinder sight words and went on to pass the reading test for the 1st grade sight words as well. She absolutely loved Kinder and Ms. Karr. She made 2 bestest girlfriends and has a boyfriend as well! :) She was in Daisy Girl Scouts and she just loved the friends she made through that as well. I have to say for the most part our 1st year of school was a wonderful one.
My little one started preschool last year as well. I really hemmed and hawed about whether or not to put her in, she misses the birthday cut off and will have to do 3 years of preschool before she enters Kindergarten. But 2 things convinced me to go ahead with it...#1 She wants to do EVERYTHING her sister does, so if big sis was going to school then lil sis wanted to go to school, as a former teacher its no secret that i love school and if my kids love it to then i will do everything in my power to continue to foster that love...and #2 It was the only way i could volunteer in the kinder classroom, this was VERY important to me and i am SOOO glad i did because i knew every kid in the class and had an excellent working relationship with her teacher. I was also Room Mom for the preschool class which was also fun. Little sis LOVED her year in Ms. Jennifer's class and by the end of the year knew her ABCs! Now she needs to work on recognizing numbers but with 2 more years to go she has plenty of time to figure it out.
Updates on the beginning of 1st grade and another year of preschool are coming soon...i hope! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment