Wednesday, September 24, 2008

*whew*


If you've read the e-mails I've sent about my oldest going to the doctor's office then you know....it is complete and total misery! She is so freaked out she won't even get on the scale to be weighed without major crying, clinging on to mommy and an assortment of other drama, the fun goes on from there and trust me I'm not even beginning to over-dramatize the situation. Anyway, today she had an appt. for her flu shot. I picked her up a little early from school so we could make it in time, she was quite annoyed by this since she LOVES school, when she is sick I have to FORCE her to stay home from school and there is lots of crying involved. So she is stomping her feet and grouching at me over leaving school early and I knew we were off to a great start, yikes. Once she learned we were headed to the doctors she was even less happy. But this isn't my first trip to the Rodeo so I brought along a little incentive, girlfriend LOVES Oreo cookies, she could eat a whole container by herself and that's saying something since she weighs less then 40 pounds at 6 years old! Its a special treat that I don't let her have a lot of. So I had a pack of 6 Oreos and told her if she behaved; and I outlined what behaved meant she would get all 6 Oreos! We waited in the office for like 45 min. (don't you hate that!!!) which usually makes it worse, more time to think and worry....but when we got called back she walked in holding my hand without the usual hesitation and fear, went into the room and sat for her shot like she did it every day! Not a whimper or fuss...HALLELUJAH!!!!!! I made a super big deal about how well she did, and the Doctor saw us walking out and he gave her a big thumbs up for no crying...she was very proud of herself and is now enjoying her cookies with a glass of nice cold milk. *whew*

No comments: