Saturday, August 25, 2007

hair!


So I am goofing around on my computer downstairs while the girls are upstairs watching a movie when my 2 year old comes down crying saying she doesn't want my 5 year old to cut her hair. I laugh at first and then notice one pretty curl dangling and it slips easily into my hand, I stop laughing and RACE upstairs to find big sister has hacked at her bangs and the sides of her hair! Honestly my first reaction was to laugh because she looked so ridiculous then she got a lecture and sent to her room. After everyone calmed down I inspected the damage, the bangs were awful so I hacked at them myself to fix them up, the sides blended in and were easily noticeable, thank goodness! Little sis only lost the one curl. A few days later we headed to our friend's house to get big sis's hair cut a whole lot better, beacuse OF COURSE school picture were just a few days away! So her hair is now shoulder length *sigh*. It took us so long to grow her hair to that length that I was a little too emotionally tied to the hair. It looks really cute and is actually easier to manage since she loves her hair down. Really no harm, no foul and will be a funny story to tell her when she's older and her own child hacks away at their hair. I know my mom enjoyed recanting the different ways all 4 of her kids managed to mangle their own hair at some point. I was smart enough to take pictures so I'll have proof as well and you can see she was quite proud of her work! :)






2 comments:

Julie Marron said...

So cute! Glad I haven't gone through that! (knock wood...)

When she's a famous Hair Stylist to the Stars, you'll look back on this and laugh :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.