Saturday morning Eric left for a "guy's weekend", you know off-roading, shooting, breaking things, and a beer or two. My husband is surrounded by women and deserves a weekend off every now and again to be a man with a capital M! :) So he left us bright and early.
The girls & I headed off to Cousin Danielle's 1st birthday. Eric comes from a very large family, his mom is one of 7 kids! So he has LOTS of cousins! And the girls always love an event that includes all of Eric's cousins...we are so blessed that they genuinely love, adore, and enjoy time with my kids! And since I was on my own for the day what better place to spend the day then with 20 other adults who WANT to spend time with my kids and in between playing with them they spend time with me making me laugh! We got there are 11am and didn't leave until 5pm! First of all we were having a great time but also it filled up our day so all I had to do was get them home, feed and to bed! (Thank you Laurie, Jason, Julie, Bob, Christine, Marshall, and Uncle Tom...oh and Aunt Val for hosting!)
Sunday we headed out to attend church with my parent's. They were being inducted as new members in their church. We were raised Methodist and they have found a Methodist church near them, it reminds them (and me) of the church we grew up in. I enjoy my church but its nice once in awhile to go back to your roots...it made me see why I enjoyed my church as a child and why I chose the church I go to now. Afterward, since we were all dressed up, we had lunch at their country club. It was the first time the girls & I had gotten to go and it was beautiful and the food was very good. We spent a little time at the house visiting and then Ali & I headed home to see daddy. Katie got to stay at Grandma's and will be there until tomorrow. She is having a blast being spoiled and loved!
Today was a lot less fun then the weekend! :( I spent the day doing laundry, cleaning out my closet, straightening the house...and so on and so on while Ali got to spend the day watching cartoons. Yes I let her watch hours and hours of cartoons, but mama needed to get some stuff done! :) I did take her to the park to play with some friends in the afternoon so she got to have some fun!
Tomorrow is a big day so I'm sure there will be a blog before bedtime...Katie gets her cast off! woo hoo!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment