Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Fun

Today was a very busy day for Katie but an easier one for Ali & I. To start this was the first day of our vacation where I didn't need to answer to the alarm clock, woo hoo! I still wake up at 6:30am (Ali is her own alarm clock getting up at 6:30am every morning for the last 2 or so years so now my body is trained right along with hers) but it was so nice not to have to get UP, we laid in bed and watched cartoons for an hour first, yeah!!!

Katie was still at Grandma Anita's and Katie asked to go to "The Club" (South Hills Country Club, she is a member) for breakfast but I only sent play clothes not club clothes, oops! (sorry Anita) So Grandma truly spoiled her (in the best possible way) and bought her a new dress & shoes appropriate for the club! Anita & I met for the drop off and on top of the new dress & shoes she also had new doll clothes trunks (for both girls) and few more items they had made together for "Julie" (Katie's American Girl Doll).

My mom & dad came out this way to met up with their tax guy and since we are near him they stopped and took the girls & I out for lunch at Applebee's. I know, I know how spoiled is she...dinner out last night, breakfast and lunch out today...such a lucky girl!

And last but not least Katie's 2 bff's from Kindergarten are here for an evening play date! So far they've played on the Wii and are now enjoying a dinner of mac-n-cheese, french fries & grapes. Its so cute to watch the 3 of them together, so different and yet such friends. And since all 3 of them are big sisters they are good about including Ali in the fun too. I also adore their mothers so thats been a nice bonus as well.

Gosh my kids are so blessed...grandmas that love & spoil them and good freinds! I would have to say that for the first week of vacation is been a pretty wonderful one.

No comments: