I came down stairs to rewrite or reassert my early blog. What I wanted to say is that not being able to do the things that a child is asked to do is demoralizing...it breaks down my self-confidence & self-esteem...makes it hard to feel like a "grown-up" as it were.
and then I read Kathryn's blog ( http://pastormomsmemos.blogspot.com/2009/02/like-daughter-like-dog.html) about her dog & her daughter's tenacity and she added this scripture...James 1:2-4 (NASB) 2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
and I know both Kathryn & James are right...I have learned so many life lessons from being Dyslexic (I've had to be full of tenacity to, to make my dreams come true, to not give up when I often wanted to). I'm not sure I could list all the lessons if I tried. But I KNOW it made me a better teacher and in some ways a better student....and I know/believe that its God's way of making me "perfect, compete, lacking in nothing". Thanks for the reminder Kathryn (even though you weren't trying :)
No comments:
Post a Comment