I'm tired of not being able to get from point A to point B without the help of my mom, husband, and in-dash navigation system...and sometimes still getting lost. I'm tired of my child's shoes being on the wrong feet and my husband asking her "did you put your shoes on or did mommy"? I'm tired of not being able to read a "real" clock...ok I can but I have to use a bunch of tricks to do it and can't do it quickly. I'm tired of being smart but feeling stupid. I'm tired of not being able to get the words out of my head onto paper (or computer) in the same order or written as eloquently. I'm tired of not knowing how to spell. I'm tired of being a former English teacher that can't remember the rules of Grammar. I'm tired of not knowing right from left. I'm tired of not being able to teach my kids right from left for fear that I'll get it backwards. I'm tired of my kids worrying about weather or not we are lost...again. I'm tired of letting the label "lazy" (given to me in Elementary school) be how I still define myself. I'm tired of not speaking up in conversations for fear that I won't have the info right or be able to get the thoughts out of my head correctly. I am just really, really tired of being Dyslexic and tired of all the ways it affects my brain.
95% of the time I don't let it bother me, mostly I forget its even there because it is just who I am...but sometimes it all just gets in my nerves!
2 comments:
Wow. I feel those things sometimes and I'm not dislexic. We do have something in common.. I was calle Lazy when I was younger too.. maybe that's why we are the way we are now as adults.. anything but lazy!
Beautiful Kenna! There is nothing about you that is lazy or stupid! You are such a thoughtful, amazing, inspiring, SMART person. I know you know all that, but I just wanted to get on the Kenna cheerleading team since I can't be there in person to give you a hug! Seriously, any teacher that could inspire students and connect with them the way you did is a stand-out.
Post a Comment