Wanna know what Supermom and the family have been up to? This is the place to find out!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Morning Musings
This morning I had my dish washer washing, my oven baking, my washing machine washing, and my kids entertained by the computer and TV....and I was struck by how lucky I am to be a "modern" mom. In my grandmother's generation all these things were unheard of or just beginning to make their way into American homes; now I use them without a second thought. But it also made me realize that it is because we have so many resources that we've created MORE, more dishes to wash, more clothes to clean, more food to cook...in my grandmother's generation less was better because it meant less to clean by hand and it took longer to clean less, now more feels the same as less because it takes the same amount of time to let the dishwasher wash 2 loads as it did for one load to be washed by hand...does that make sense?!? That being said I wouldn't changes places with her for the world, I love my modern conveniences but it was a good morning to stop and reflect on how lucky I am to be a woman in 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment