Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This is your life...courtesy of the 60 freeway

So today my mom and I took my girls to the American Girl Store (if you don't know what this is then you don't have girls)! The only one in Cali is in LA, so our adventure began with a road trip. My directions took me all the way down the 60 to where it meets the 10 in LA. And as I drove I realized that basically my entire life can be mapped out on the 60 from Ontario to Montebello....yes someday when I am famous and they do Tours of my life it will be conducted almost exclusively off the 60. Here is a "brief" version of my life's map...

  • From Archibald you can get to my current home.
  • From Central you can find your way to the CompUSA I spent the 2nd half of my 7 year "career".
  • From Grand you can get to the condo I lived in right after we were married...if you go the opposite direction you can find my mother-in-law's home and the school I spent 5 years teaching at.
  • From Diamond Bar Blvd. you can find my husband's 1st home as a child.
  • From Fairway you can find my first job, Carl's Jr.
  • From Nogales you could find my childhood home and in the opposite direction my second job, CompUSA in City Of Industry, this is also where I met my husband and a bunch of guys we are still friends with more then 15 years later!!!
  • From Azusa you could get to my BFF since high school's current home.
  • From 7th Street you can find the place my husband was mugged by gun point when he was 16/17 years old.
  • From Garfield/Wilcox you can find my grandparent's home and the home my mother was raised in.

That's probably not everything but it's most of it.....it was really amazing to take a little "This is Your Life" journey on the freeway...it brought back some nice memories and made me wish I was 19 again! :)

1 comment:

The Cuenca's said...

So your freeway is the 60 and mine is the 91! hahaha That was a great way to spend time on your journey to the American girl store!!