My daughter has had a crush and the same boy since Kindergarten, luckily he also has a crush on her. They both know how the other one feels, honestly everyone knows how they feel about each other. They do get teased but not as much as you might think and neither seems to mind it. The boys mother and I are friends and have chuckled for years over the two of them. We email each other whenever one of the kids reports a new story.
Like the time I emailed her to tell her that the kids had decided on their own that while they "like" each other but for now they will be just friends and that they'll wait until Jr. High or High School to start dating. Yes, two eight-year-olds decided this on their own!
And then there is the email I got from his mom this morning. I read it, laughed and then asked my daughter for her side of the story...it went something like this...
Daughter: He started it, well actually my teacher started it. She was talking about hearts desire.
A guy-friend and her favorite boy (she got mad about us calling him her boyfriend and I started getting uncomfortable with the term for my 8 year old so we've switched his title to favorite boy): I don't have a hearts desire.
Teacher: Someday you will and then you'll buy her flowers and chocolates and a diamond ring.
At this point my daughter holds up her hand, wiggles her fingers and says to me : I really do want a diamond ring mommy.
Me: laughter!!!!
Daughter: then my favorite boy started talking about prom
Favorite boy: I'm not going to prom.
Daughter: Oh yes you are and you know who you are going with to!
Teacher: laughter!!!!
Me: laughter!!!!
Sometimes I feel so bad for this poor kid, not my daughter but her favorite boy, she has his whole life planned out for him already, at 8! :)
I've giggled all morning, hope you get a giggle out of it to!
No comments:
Post a Comment